What is a cookie?
Cookies are data stored in a user’s terminal when visiting a website and used by that website to send information to the browser software. Throughout its validity period, a cookie allows its issuer to recognize the terminal each time it accesses content containing cookies from the same issuer.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify the information contained therein.
The users of the site www.opentour.com herein after referred to as the « Site ») are informed that during their connections on the Site, cookies are installed on their reception terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone…).
I. Purpose of the cookies used
The cookies used by Open Tour (herein after referred to as the “Company”) can be grouped into two categories:
- Website browsing cookies,
- Audience measurement cookies.
- Website browsing cookies
Browsing cookies can enhance performance to provide the user with a better use of the Site.
These cookies in particular make it possible to:
• Adapt the site layout to the terminal’s display preferences;
• Memorize information about forms filled in by the user on the site;
2. Audience measurement cookies
The Company uses the services offered by the American company Google Inc. Data collected through cookies is transmitted and stored by Google Inc.
By complying with the obligations of the Privacy Shield, which came into effect on August 1, 2016, Google Inc. ensures a level of protection considered adequate by the CNIL (i.e. the French Supervisory Authority).
The Google Analytics service allows you to track visitors and identify how they use the site. These cookies are placed and read on the user’s terminal equipment and as soon as the user accesses a website using the “Google Analytics” service.
Data generated by these cookies are related to:
- Your use of the Site;
- Your IP address to determine the connection city. This data is immediately anonymized after location and is not communicated to the Company.
You may obtain more information on Google Analytics by going to the page http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
3. Cookies designed to improve the interactivity of the Site
The Company relies on certain features to make the site interactive. These include cookies such as sharing buttons (Twitter, Facebook), videos posted on the site, animated presentations.
When the users browse the Site, information may be stored, or read, in their terminal, subject to their choices.
The user is presumed to have given his or her consent:
• By clicking on the “X” icon on the information banner visible the first time you connect to the Site;
• While continuing to navigate, when the user has clicked on an element of the Site or has gone to another page of the Site.
The agreement given by the user is only valid for a period of thirteen (13) months from the first deposit in his or her terminal.
Users also have the option to manage the cookies used on the Site by setting their browser, as detailed below.
- Cookie management
Users have the option to configure their browser so that cookies are saved in their device or, conversely, rejected. Cookies can be rejected systematically or according to their issuer.
Users can also set theirs browser so that the acceptance or refusal of cookies are offered punctually. Cookies can also be regularly removed from the terminal via the browser software.
It is also recalled that all the software for the various terminals (computer, tablet, smartphone…) must be configured.
For the management of cookies and your choices, the configuration of each browser is different. It is described in the help menu of your browser, which will allow you to find out how to change your wishes cookie preferences. For example:
- for Internet Explorer™ : http://windows.microsoft.com/fr-FR/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies ;
- for Safari™ : http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html ;
- for Chrome™: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=fr&hlrm=en&answer=95647 ;
- for Firefox™ http://support.mozilla.org/fr/kb/Activer%20et%20d%C3%A9sactiver%20les%20cookies
- for Opera™ : http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/fr/cookies.html